Friday, July 27, 2012

I am ashamed of being a former UN staff

For more than 35 years I was proud of being a UN staff.

For many years later I was proud of being a former UN staff, although it was getting more and more difficult to be so.

Now, when I see what is going on in Syria, after the massacres in Bosnia, Rwand, Iraq, Palestine and I see the smile of the one I consider the most guilty of the loss of the credibility and influence of the UN, Kofi Annan, while thousand of civilians are killed and massacred in Syria,

                       I AM ASHAMED OF BEING A FORMER UN STAFF

And I am sorry for the hundreds I have personaly known and thousand I know still work there with dedication, putting their lives in danger,  being disregharded by some diplomats in the interests of a couple of countries.

It's time to close the UN and to wipe out the names of Kofi Annan and Ban Ki Moon (and their close entourage) from our memories.

No comments: