Saturday, September 12, 2009

Idiots IX : If I were American, I would be dead by now



Certainly, I could have had more chances to die than in any other country because of an overdose.

Or because of a war in an unknown country.

Or because one of the 250 million firearms in the country.

But the majority of the Americans survive such hazards.

Indeed I might not be born, since the USA have one of the highest rate of newborn deaths in the world (and certainly the highest among the so-called rich countries.

But I would certainly have died during the past three years since the doctors discovered my cancer: my private insurance would certainly have stopped my coverage and I would not have had the money for the costly required treatments.
Provided I had an insurance and I were not among the 45 million Americans without any medical coverage !

And these idiots oppose Obama’s plan. No wonder the Republicans are behind the boycott: a national health scheme would cost much less than the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and their friends in the military industry would not be able to make money and finance the Republican political campaigns.

I was thinking that there was no more stupid country than Italy that elects amd keeps in power Berlusconi. Now I think that I found an even more stupid: the USA.

Photo: sodahead.com

No comments: